Had a delay on the angel quilts, ran out of thread and need pink flannel to bind one of the quilts. Yesterday finished quilting one quilt and squared it up. The second quilt is about two thirds quilted but will have to wait until Friday to be finished. I have all the binding cut and ready to go. Here are some pictures of the quilting.
I’ve been busy and have not gotten much sewing accomplished. Both love angel quilts have all the satin stitching done, and are basted. I outlined the pea pods with pale green stitching. I used the same stiching in a grid patten for the inside of the peas. I used a free motion foot instead of the regular presser foot so I could change directions easily and not have to stop and start so much. Will not get to work on these again for a while.
I finished cutting this one out Wednesday night. The background fabrics are cut and I just need to decide on batting. First I will appliqué with a satin stitch, then I will add batting behind the pod, and the regular batting and backing. Then I will free motion quilt around all the appliqué, quilt and embellish.
Here’s a picture of the second “2 Peas in a Pod” quilt.
Today I finished correcting the appliqué I forgot to cut in reverse. I was able to get one quilt fused together for my 2 peas in a pod baby quilts. I will be spending the evening finishing the second one. Then tomorrow I will start satin stitching the edges and adding details.
I dropped off all eight of my quiltography pieces for our up coming show. Quilt Artists of Kentucky and the Lexington Photography club teamed up this year. Our inspiration picture will be hung, surrounded by the mounted quilt pieces. They will be exhibited at Christ Cathedral starting in November. The opening reception will be on November 18th.
I have quilt 4 and 8 almost finished. These are the last two for the QAK quiltography exhibit. They are all due next week. The Mountain Scene for piece four was photographed by Carol Rice Cain
Turned sideways I saw a woman. The quilting still has to be finished. I couldn’t find the right color in my stash for her dress so I colored a pastel pic of fabric with a combination of stained by sharper, Marvey Fabric Markers and tsukineko inks.
The last piece is Red Lamps by Helen MaClatchy
Here is a full shot and a close up of my piece. Still have to quilt the bricks.
Choosing a nubby yarn for my edge finish for Zoey. She is shaping up quiet nicely.
I like all of them but i think the blue suited Zoey the best.
Yesterday I started putting together the birds and backgrounds thatI’ve been working on. I made three new green backgrounds as well. I have 5 extra backgrounds so today I will start on some new birds. I will have to remove the birds to thread paint each branch. I am going to try to do all of one color on each quilt to keep from having to do so many thread changes. Here are some pictures of the base birds without the thread painting.