Had a delay on the angel quilts, ran out of thread and need pink flannel to bind one of the quilts. Yesterday finished quilting one quilt and squared it up. The second quilt is about two thirds quilted but will have to wait until Friday to be finished. I have all the binding cut and ready to go. Here are some pictures of the quilting.
I finished cutting this one out Wednesday night. The background fabrics are cut and I just need to decide on batting. First I will appliqué with a satin stitch, then I will add batting behind the pod, and the regular batting and backing. Then I will free motion quilt around all the appliqué, quilt and embellish.
Here’s a picture of the second “2 Peas in a Pod” quilt.
Today I finished correcting the appliqué I forgot to cut in reverse. I was able to get one quilt fused together for my 2 peas in a pod baby quilts. I will be spending the evening finishing the second one. Then tomorrow I will start satin stitching the edges and adding details.
I dropped off all eight of my quiltography pieces for our up coming show. Quilt Artists of Kentucky and the Lexington Photography club teamed up this year. Our inspiration picture will be hung, surrounded by the mounted quilt pieces. They will be exhibited at Christ Cathedral starting in November. The opening reception will be on November 18th.