Okay so it took more than 3 days, but only because I didn’t get around to sewing. I spent 3 hours last night doing the thread painting over my fabric dog. I am really please with the texture and the colored fabric that shows threw all of the thread. Used 3 bobbins of sulky invisible thread for the thread painting. I used mostly Isocord thread on the top which is one of my favorite threads. Seven colors used, not including the Superior metallic for the collar. I cropped and added a backing and batting and then out lined the dog and areas I wanted to stand out. The background was densely free-motioned quilted with a variegated Superior thread in the top a and variegated brown in the bottom. I used another whole bobbin just for the background even though the entire piece is only about 8 by 7.