Yesterday, I took my grape hyacinth flowers out of the freezer and crushed then up. I added water in a 2:1 ratio and brought the mix to a boil and let simmer for an hour. Next I added a tsp of Alum to the pail mixture and it turned a very nice purple. This was let to sit for 24 hours.
This morning the mixture was strained for dyeing. I wet the fabric I had previously soaked in soda ash and allowed to dry and used a pole wrap to create patterns. Here is a picture of it dipped for just a minute. It has more of a green shade than i was wanting.
I splashed some vinegar on the other cloth and where it touched it became purple. So I added about a tablespoon of vinegar to the solution. I like the two colors together. Will see the results in a few days.